• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Switching speedo's

Armada

Does a CUCV really need a 120 speedo? :wink:

I doubt it will be accurate. Even if the 120 is physically the same as the stock 85 mph speedo and will 'bolt' in, speedo's are calibrated for a specific vehicle. Drivetrain, axle ratio, and tire size are all part of configuring the calibration.

Last edited:

HeadWizard

Does a CUCV really need a 120 speedo? :wink:

I doubt it will be accurate. Even if the 120 is physically the same as the stock 85 mph speedo and will 'bolt' in, speedo's are calibrated for a specific vehicle. Drivetrain, axle ratio, and tire size are all part of configuring the calibration.
Sure, why not? M1009 with 3.08 gears, 33 inch tires, 700r4 transmission, 2800 RPM is 127 MPH. Scary.

Saves fuel too. The less the tires touch the ground, the less friction resistance, the less fuel burned, right? Also, the faster you get there the less time spent burning fuel, ie: "Hurry up, we're running on empty!".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks