• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-1138 transfer case info needed

kskrawler

Well I was thinking of a old school doublethink case I had, but a little deeper on both high and low would be good but since I'm running two cases I have double low gear options 2.72:1 in my stock case and then 1.72:1 in the 1138 case so definitely get low if needed

Csm Davis

I'm going to run a semi truck air brake push pull switch with exhaust port. I ran them before on t136 cases and worked great. How much psi is needed to work the t1138 front output engagement???View attachment 655434
The normal working pressure is in between 60 and 120 if you clean and lube the actuators both systems will work well but the shifter lock is overkill in mine and many others opinion, I have never had one get knocked out of gear and I treat them to a wide open life I have jumped many bumps on the freeways and pulled 5 foot high wheelies. The only trucks I feel really need the transfer case shifter lock is the wreckers because of the operator not being in the driver's seat with the truck running 1500 rpm or so. So what if it pops out of gear when you are wheeling offroad, which it probably won't. On road and in high range with the stock setup the shifter handle is down so the weight is keeping it down. Now the automatic low range front interlock I would also leave off,and any idiot should be able to tell when they need to engage the front axle and I like to run low range rear wheel drive for parades.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kskrawler

Swamp Donkey. or CSM Davis. I was playing around with the1138 case this morning and had some questions for ya, if you can give me a shout that would really help 316-305-4331

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks