• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T.M.'s for Front axle?

midevilduece

Anyone have a T.M. or link to one or a blowup for the front axle for a 1971 Duece? I looked through the Tm section but couldn't find one.
Had some wierd grinding when I engaged the Front end tonight..
T.I.A.
Rodney

Clay James

Does the front axle work when engaged? The military installed the air shift piston backwards on my transfer case so when engaged it would make a grinding noise. There's a type of clutch in the transfer case that looks sort of like really giant castle nuts and they were rubbing together but not fully engaging making the noise.

midevilduece

it does work when engaged, it didn't start making the noise until after I had been out mudding it for a while. then something started grinding whenever I was actually having to dig with the front end, it was barely noticable when just driving around with the front end engaged on flat easy surfaces

wilsonmotors

I just had the same problem last weekend after rednecks with paychecks turned out to be a blown wheel bearings but it only made noise when in 4x4 made no sense till they went completly out

midevilduece

I just had the same problem last weekend after rednecks with paychecks turned out to be a blown wheel bearings but it only made noise when in 4x4 made no sense till they went completly out
Hmmm, I will be having to check that out this weekend when I get a chance to look at it. I am pretty sure it is coming from the Passenger side, so I was gonna take the wheel off and get a look at everything anyway.