• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TA-838/TTused as extension telephones

johnigg

This phone does not have a magneto/hand generator for signaling a switchboard like the SB-22 and so can not call another phone, like a TA-312 that needs to see AC magneto type signaling.
http://www.prc68.com/I/TA838.shtml

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think this is the last of the analog field phones. Prior to this there was the TA-312 which could be upgraded to touch tone operation using the TA-955 touch tone adapter. The stock TA-312 and all prior analog field phones have used a hand cranked ring tone generator to signal the switchboard or ring the other phone in a point to point configuration. [h=3]Plain Old Telephone System Operation[/h] This analog phone can be connected to the Plain Old Telephone System (POTS) by setting the Mode Select switch to 2-wire DC/CB (DC signaling and Common Battery). Connect a modular phone cord to the two black terminals and plug into a POTS modular socket. Ring volume max or to your ear. If ring volume is at min then turn on Ring Indicator switch to LED on ring. No local batteries are needed because the phone company supplies the common battery.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TA-1024's can signal each other. You can apply power to the circuit from one phone. Both phones will signal each other with a digital ring simply by lifting the handset.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks