• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ta Da , photos

dragonwagon

For our photo hounds . Pretty much done now . I have not taken a lot of photos but heres a few as i worked over the winter and what i have now .

Attachments

Last edited:

treeguy

Sweet paint job!
I have 3 questions/coments

Did you apply the tape/grip to the steering wheel? Dang those things get slippery don't they especially when its cold!

I had replaced my front steering boots with the similar rubber zip type and 3 months later had to replace one because it cracked and the other one has a small crack growing. Just a thought to keep an eye on them from time to time. I try to lube mine with grease when I grease the truck.

Wow, what type and color paint did you use? Your truck looks like the manufacturer just delivered it to you yesterday! Keep up the great work!:driver:

dragonwagon

Sweet paint job!
I have 3 questions/coments

Did you apply the tape/grip to the steering wheel? Dang those things get slippery don't they especially when its cold!

I had replaced my front steering boots with the similar rubber zip type and 3 months later had to replace one because it cracked and the other one has a small crack growing. Just a thought to keep an eye on them from time to time. I try to lube mine with grease when I grease the truck.

Wow, what type and color paint did you use? Your truck looks like the manufacturer just delivered it to you yesterday! Keep up the great work!:driver:
Tape grip was there when i picked it up from the last owner . boots , i read pro and con on both types . Read where the other style didnt last either so figured i may as well go with zippers .

paint is gilliespie End of of ww 2 to early viet nam it said on the cans . Dont have the paint number right off .

Ok i switched to hosting them here , what next ? Im not trying to be an a hole but i find this place a little difficult to fit into . The couple other boards im on want you to host eleswhere . If im around long enough im sure ill make a thread with out complaints , well not that sure .

Im a jack of many trades , the internet is not one of them .

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't let complainers bug ya.
Big difference between complainers and helpers.

I see people helping him use the site as we intend/like it to be used.

How long did it take you to learn to ride a bicycle, then all the tricks? It just takes time, don't get down over that.

dragonwagon

Big difference between complainers and helpers.

I see people helping him use the site as we intend/like it to be used.

How long did it take you to learn to ride a bicycle, then all the tricks? It just takes time, don't get down over that.
As a buisness man for the last 30 years iv noticed its often not what you say but how you say it .

Can you host them here ? Its prefered on this site . All of a sudden it dont sound like a complaint but like helpful advise . Just a thought .

The above advse is also meant as helpful so that relatively new users dont feel pounced on constantly .

The more I see of Deuces that are just one color, the more I like it. Now I can't decide which I like better, the regular OD, or the end of WWII to early Vietnam color.

I think the lettering and the white star really make it look good, though.

It's gonna be tough making a choice if I ever get the time to do it.

LC

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd suggest you don't read into a comment quite so much. Emoticons and or knowing a person helps some, to convey "attitude" or emotional comments.

NK simply asked, "why not". I can only guess what he was really thinking but, since I have gotten to know him from countless hours of chat and 4-5 years of friendly camaraderie, I would guess he simply asked because it is overwhelmingly obvious to see that most people post pictures, not links. Pictures are obviously easier for the forum members to use. As a moderator(as I posted) we prefer you do not post hosted photos because neither you or we, actually have them saved that way, and they can disappear without our control, and the thread could be useless(as it was intended to share pictures).

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great lookin' deuce Dragonwagon! I have been contemplating which way to go on mine and my neighbor brought over a picture of his deuce he drove in 'Nam....I like the one color and white lettering and stars, so I figure I'm gonna paint it up like his ride. Thanks for the pic's and, again - nice lookin' truck! [thumbzup]

dragonwagon

I know the feeling , i scratched a hole in my hair making up my mind how i wanted to paint it .

Viewed a few in person and asked some question to find what suited me . Pictures dont seem to show color acurately .

Thanks for the compliments folks .

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dragonwagon the Deuce looks beautiful I also went from 3 color to one color and like it very much great job on the truck you have one to be proud of!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks