• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tach and instrument cluster lights inoperable

RainbowDash

Hope everyone is having a good morning so far

Now I have two problems that may or may not have a similar solution so I've rolled them together into one thread. My truck is a 1994 M35A3

First, my tachometer is dead, has been since I bought the truck. The needle won't move, but the back light for the guage works just fine. The guage was replaced with a new one by the previous owner but stI'll didn't fix the problem. I've unplugged it and checked all the connections. The little pickup sensor on the motor housing I was able to unscrew the nut on it but it feels stuck in there still.

Second, the only guage that lights up is the tachometer (which is ironically the only guage that doesn't work). Now they all worked just fine when I bought the truck but one day they just wouldn't come on. I'm guessing it's a grounding issue somewhere and I've messed with the grounding wires behind but no luck

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks