• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tach Cable Replacement Doomed?

DampLemonade

Hi all,

This last weekend I was replacing my tach cable / cable adapter trying to get my tachometer working again. Unfortunately, once I got the cable out from the engine (where it threads into the injection pump housing, by the mate to the air compressor) I noticed the old tach adapter internal spinner had sheared off inside the housing. I went at it with a pick for about 30 minutes but it does not want to come out. It's looking like I'd need to replace the injection pump, which I'm not doing just to get the tach working. Just looking for a second opinion before I try to send the cable and adapter back. Thanks!

Attachments

Defcon-1

Hi all,

This last weekend I was replacing my tach cable / cable adapter trying to get my tachometer working again. Unfortunately, once I got the cable out from the engine (where it threads into the injection pump housing, by the mate to the air compressor) I noticed the old tach adapter internal spinner had sheared off inside the housing. I went at it with a pick for about 30 minutes but it does not want to come out. It's looking like I'd need to replace the injection pump, which I'm not doing just to get the tach working. Just looking for a second opinion before I try to send the cable and adapter back. Thanks!
Do you have the turbo'd or non-turbo engine? (A2 Truck or A0/A1 Truck)? Following because my Tach isn't working as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks