• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tachograph better than speedo and tach?

tachograph better than speedo and tach?

• tachograph

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • speedo and tach

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters

rrrr

I prefer the two gauges. Easy to read. Not a fan of a constant drain on the battery from the clock. I was able to use a spare gauge from my deuce on my 932 so common gauges are nice to have on both trucks.

lankyevilme

I hate the Tachograph. There's too much going on, and it's always busted. If one part of it is screwed up, it messes up all the rest of it. The power drain on it causes the batteries on MVs you buy to be completely ruined 99% of the time. We are always having trouble with our tachographs while the simpler trucks with a simple little dial for speed and another one for RPMs always seem to be working.

dezert ratt

My 818 has a tacograph and the rpms quit working. Anyone got advice where I should start.?. What a complicated device, the most technical piece to the whole truck!

Andy1234

I prefer the 2 separate gauges. It's much easier to glance down at the tachometer and determine if I need to shift when you have only one gauge to focus on.

I ignore the speedometer, as I doubt I'll ever get a speeding ticket in any of my trucks.

Andy

dezert ratt

I guess the tachograph was used as a recording device to see what speed and rpm the truck was run at. Why is it i think i read in the tm that only the 818 and one or two other model trucks had a tachograph, all the others had the dual guages.?.