• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tachometer acting wacky

Pstyckiewicz

My tachometer at idle jumps around. At idle it sits at 0 then it just jumps up to 500 Rpm then back to 0. This is without hitting the throttle. I have a video but can’t figure out how to attach it.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dont know if the hummer is a mechanical tach or not but if it is detach the speedo cable from the back of the tack and put a few drops of oil into the jacket that surrounds the cable, if you can pull the center part of the cable out do so and lightly oil the entire length and it should just slide back into its outer casing. If its an electronic tack then I would detach the cable from both ends and make sure your contacts are clean and reinstall and see how it acts. If its still acting up then I would replace the RPM sensor of the portion of the tach.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine does that from time to time, but at high RPM.

Pretty low priority on the list of things to work on since I really don't look at it much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks