• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tachometer for 002-003

Walt4653

:-DHi, might be interested if you want to know if your gen is running at specified hertz, 60 cycles , most of the gauges on the gensets are off several hertz, I picked up a TINY TACH WITH 1/4" receiver that goes on fuel line, ran wires through control box and flush mounted it.. BE ADVISED IT RUNS ON 12 VOLTS AND WILL BURN OUT, PERCHASED A 24-12 v ADAPTER ON EBAY, BE CAREFUL 80% coming from china and you might not get what you ordered, ordered off USA site delivered within 5 days. Now I can safely run tv and other elect stuff without blowing them.
cost was about $89.00. Well worth it. Also is backlighted and has built in hr gauge digital.
great addition and right in the money
company name is tiny tach on the web

Triple Jim

I've heard good things about Tiny Tachs. A lot of guys get a Kill A Watt meter for about $25 and plug it into the convenience outlet. It has a digital frequency display. I've used the little Chinese DC-DC converters that have cast finned housings in the past, and they don't last very long. Luckily, both of the ones I had failed with zero output. You can probably find a USA made industrial 24V to 12V converter on an auction site at a decent price.

Last edited:

leedawg

:-DHi, might be interested if you want to know if your gen is running at specified hertz, 60 cycles , most of the gauges on the gensets are off several hertz, I picked up a TINY TACH WITH 1/4" receiver that goes on fuel line, ran wires through control box and flush mounted it.. BE ADVISED IT RUNS ON 12 VOLTS AND WILL BURN OUT, PERCHASED A 24-12 v ADAPTER ON EBAY, BE CAREFUL 80% coming from china and you might not get what you ordered, ordered off USA site delivered within 5 days. Now I can safely run tv and other elect stuff without blowing them.
cost was about $89.00. Well worth it. Also is backlighted and has built in hr gauge digital.

Pictures would be awesome... :)

edgephoto

Walt, isn't it easier to just measure the frequency with a kill-a-watt or a Hz meter?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i just got in a hertz gauge from ebay. i hooked it up and it doesnt work.. i used the wires off the old one.. any hints as to what i need to do to make it work? i might get one of those rpm gauge for mine too. where can i find one of those kill a meters?

edgephoto

The original frequency meter uses a transducer. Your replacement one works off wither 120 or 240 V directly. If you find the original transducer and use the input side line voltage you can use that. I believe that is 120V but I am sure someone here can confirm or correct.

Kill-a-watt meters are sold at most home centers such as Lowes or Home Depot. I bought mine off Amazon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks