• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tacoma WA, Aug. 24, 2013 - Military Appreciation Parade

Amer-team

Hello Team,
On Aug. 24 at 1800, there will be a Military Appreciation Parade in downtown Tacoma. they called me again this morning wanting MV's, people in vintage uniform, and anything else we can supply to help honor Veteran's and current military.

Lineup will probably be about 1400 and there should be more details in the next couple of days.

If you would like to participate, send me a note, or post on this thread and I will keep you informed. There are a couple of vehicles already for our entry. Was going to do Vietnam for this, but the M38A1 is still down and don't think I will have time to get it going before the event, so will most likely go with the GPW. P

jhigh

I plan on being there as well, although I don't know how many others from the group are going to make it. If anyone needs trailer parking you can use the lot at NC Machinery Co. it is about three miles from the parade route. I have already got the OK from work. Call me if you need directions. 206 261-0002

Amer-team

Jeff, did you put a registration in for this? If not, tuck in with me. The registration number they sent me is 28 Alpha. it is the 28th unit in Section A. They want all lined up by 1630, parade at 1800. I don't know how many registrations they have, but there are supposed to be 4 Medal of Honor recipients in attendance. See you tomorrow. any questions give me a call. 360 870 0706

JH1

Peter,
Put me down for your call list for next year. Didn't know it was happening until I saw a thing on the news that evening.
Jim

Amer-team

Sorry we missed on this one. It was a good event for their first time in about 50 years. There was good participation by current military units in this one as well. I think they were optimistic on their crowd turnout numbers, but I didn't really see any advertising on the event except for what they sent me. Will keep you posted. P

Amer-team

100_3699.jpg100_3695.jpg100_3696.jpg100_3697.jpg100_3698.jpgThis event went well for being the first one they have had in 50 years. There was a good turnout from our MV folks and the current military had a great presence as well. Here are a few pics of the day. Mission accomplished.