• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tactical Toolbox

Milspec33

Thanks. That is a big complement. There is a difference in professional tools. I took time off from working as a paramedic and I worked full time as a custom carpenter. All of my woodworking tools are top end because I could not afford to have them break or fail. When your paycheck depends on your tools there are two rules: do not let anyone borrow your tools and buy the best:driver:

1800 Diesel

While working on my MEP 002a and Mep 701a I decided to have some fun with my toolbox.
Nice job on the pattern! :) Did you do any surface prep or just blow it on? I was about to blast/paint a couple of my small toolboxes (many years in the field old) but was going to apply OD green. Now you've given me another idea.... I like it.. :)

Milspec33

Thank you for all the positive feedback! I used 150 grit to scuff the powder coat then wiped everything down with acetone. I used sandable primer where I had bare metal. Then I sprayed away with the Rapco and high temp grill paint. I free handed the pattern and just added paint, no solid base color. The Marine Corps stencil is a copy of one I have seen the 7th Marines use, I cut it out on card stock

Milspec33

Uh oh my 3 color toolbox may have competition...I have a line on a new series General Mechanics Tool Kit (GMTK) filled with SK tools...If I can get it I will post pics. Not camo but cool and portable

Milspec33

Got the GMTK!! Will pick up tomorrow and post pictures asap.. it is a very nice portable tool chest and complete tool kit

Danger Ranger

Lookin good, I might have to show that to my father.....I don't think he'll go for it. Something about that Snap-On red in his blood. His blood isn't naturally red, its the Snap-On in it. I swear...

Milspec33

I have to admit that it felt strange to scuff up that red Snap-On paint. Now the only problem I have is I cant find the toolbox.

Danger Ranger

They seem to be making them in many more colors today. It prob helps sales because not everyone likes red. But a red toolbox is like a green tractor. It just has to be that way....you know? lol

Milspec33

If I had purchased the box new I would have been much more reluctant to mess with it, but I got it cheap and I have had fun with the camo.

Milspec33

If I find another Snap-On box who knows...may keep it red or desert tan. Desert tan for sure. May have a line on another Snap-On 7 drawer roll cart and if I get it desert all the way!