• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tagging a Truck in NV

mikew

I'm sending a truck to Nevada, any tricks or issues I should know about in regards to tagging it there?

It's got a current Oklahoma tag and title.

The Gimlis

No worries! Nevada is very simple! When we registered Army Bob, we had an Oregon title. We did have
to wait 2 weeks for them to input a designation for AM General into the system (I guess ours was the first AMG registered in NV?) But it was clear sailing after that. You will have to get a VIN inspection - is your data plate good and easy to read? And you must show proof of insurance.

You should have no problem. Perhaps "should" is the key word there...Good luck!

markmontana

My only issue has been that the local DMV office in Mesquite NV wanted me to drive the truck into Las Vegas to their main office to do a VIN inspection. i thought that was a load of crap (and very expensive and waste of time), so I registered it in another state.

The Gimlis

My only issue has been that the local DMV office in Mesquite NV wanted me to drive the truck into Las Vegas to their main office to do a VIN inspection. i thought that was a load of crap (and very expensive and waste of time), so I registered it in another state.

Yeah, you will have to get VIN inspection. Up north here (near Reno), we have several auto related businesses that have been certified to check VINs (like auto repair places) but you have to go to the main DMV offices anyway so you may as well do there. Before budget cuts, it was very convenient to have the VIN checked at the certified businesses and then go to the DMV branch and away you go with a new registration. Not any longer, it's the main offices, or too bad. **sigh**

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks