• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tags hanging to the frame and body

badger_610889

Hi folks,
Tonight I was checking the suspension on the M1123 (on which I have not really worked yet so it's still a discovery) and I saw 5 tags hanging here and there such as this "KD 07" for instance:

94DB3563-8162-417B-A431-5C7248FAB859.jpeg
Anyone knows what they mean?

thanks!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
those tags might be the identifier for what springs they are.
Mine had tags with the part number for the M1114 springs in the front which are 3 times stronger than the M998 springs (about 3k lbs per inch compression vs 1k lbs per inch compression)

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
those tags might be the identifier for what springs they are.
Mine had tags with the part number for the M1114 springs in the front which are 3 times stronger than the M998 springs (about 3k lbs per inch compression vs 1k lbs per inch compression)
Must ride like a brick on a skateboard

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Must ride like a brick on a skateboard
yeah, it kind of does.
Putting the BEOD in the back (scale weight 9500 lbs with gear in it) does help soften it up a bit.

The main question I've had with the MAK suspension is did they increase the GVWR of the truck with the armor kit installed, or was it still only 10,300 lbs. The armor was a couple thousand pounds, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of people and gear. M1114 is an 11,500 gross I think (but more powerful engine with the turbo)

Autonomy_Lost

yeah, it kind of does.
Putting the BEOD in the back (scale weight 9500 lbs with gear in it) does help soften it up a bit.

The main question I've had with the MAK suspension is did they increase the GVWR of the truck with the armor kit installed, or was it still only 10,300 lbs. The armor was a couple thousand pounds, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of people and gear. M1114 is an 11,500 gross I think (but more powerful engine with the turbo)
The GVWR of my M1151a1 is 15,500 lbs 😮

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks