• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tail light issues

StreetbikeDepot

Has anyone ever had their tail lights not work on a 1008 but the the brake lights/flashers and all the front lights work including the blackouts?

I havent looked into it real hard yet, just thought I'd save myself a little time if anyone ran into this problem before. I have checked the obvious.....fuses, bulbs, grounds, connections.

What I noticed that was kinda strange was the -20 shows a parking/marker light fuse in position #4 (right above the stoplight fuse) but my fuse block has a space there but has no terminals in the back of the block and obviously no fuse. I just checked my 1009 and its the same way.

StreetbikeDepot

No, I bailed out on Jeff on this trip (I kinda feel bad for it), I have some stuff I need to do tomorrow (pick up some lots at GL).

I sold my M1028 today, so i grabbed up one of the M1008's to drive to realize it had no tailights. I've been looking at the lighting schematic, there is splice up front where the rear tail lamps splice into the front running lamps...I'll start right there tomorrow, since I know that the front lights work.

kennyw

I had a mid 80's civi truck do this... ended up being a loose connection at the rear in the wiring that runs up inside the bed to the taillight housing. You should be able to use a multi-meter to troubleshoot this fairly easy. See if you have power at the tail light connector behind your bumper first. If you have power move back towards the lights, if not move forward towards the cab.

KsM715

I thought maybe someone with some authority stopped you to let you know your lights were out:-D. Sucks when that happens

StreetbikeDepot

I had a mid 80's civi truck do this... ended up being a loose connection at the rear in the wiring that runs up inside the bed to the taillight housing. You should be able to use a multi-meter to troubleshoot this fairly easy. See if you have power at the tail light connector behind your bumper first. If you have power move back towards the lights, if not move forward towards the cab.
Yep, thats my plan of attack. Its probably a bad connection on a loose or corroded terminal.

mrcucv

you could use an ohm metter and if it reads OL there is a break in the wire just go from one end to the other end of the suspect wire with the leads.

markrudella

I have the exact same issue with brake lights. I have all other lights working, except brake lights. I've checked the fuses and switch, all of which appear to be working properly.

Time to get underneath and see what I can find out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks