• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tail light problem

TedO

OK, one more .....My left tailight: brake light works, turn signal works, but running light does not. I replaced the bulb and that didnt help. Can anybody give me a clue where to start? My tailights are a mess because of Is there anywhere that sells the whole tail light harness? My tail lights are a mess because of many splices to hook up trailer lights.

cucvrus

Is the large packard plug still intact under the left side of the truck? If so unplug it remove and remove the rear wiring harness from the truck. There is a 5/16" ground bolt on the top of the frame you must remove that also. Retain the star washer/ grounding wire Check your wires and replace the needed wires and use heat shrink butt connectors and heat shrink tubing at each splice or solder them and use the tubing. It is a very easy wiring harness to repair. Test it before re-installing it and then just use black electrical tape and cover the entire harness and your splices. Or use split loom. Do you need a trailer plug? Then this is the time to include that in the rebuilt wiring harness. But yes I am sure you can buy a new wiring harness from someone if you want one. I hope that helps I have seen this and repaired it many times removing the scotch loks, wire nuts and twisted and taped wires. Real mess but simple to fix. Good luck. I have good used one if you feel that is the way you want to go.

cucvrus

Remove your taillamps and the ground wires and clean up the grounding points. Make sure you you some dielectric grease on the plugs and the ground points. And retain the star washers and reuse them. Wire tie the repaired harness securely and you should be good as new in a short time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks