• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate Hinge mounted to...

robd

My new 84-09's tailgate hinge and rear tail pan is in rough shape. It looks like it rusted off whatever it was connected to underneath the bed. Could someone point me to, or provide a photo of what it SHOULD look like? Much appreciated.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figure 179 and 181 of the TM 9-2320-289-34P parts manual (available here for free) has an exploded diagram of the tailgate parts. It may help you "see" how it should be.

robd

I appreciate that... 179 is shows how the hinge attaches to the gate, but really doesn't help with how it attaches to the truck.

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have a Pic but your hinge should bolt to a support under the bed pan In the rear. This Is a spot where a lot of these trucks rot away. If you go to LMC Truck Chevrolet Blazer PG 40 Bed and Tailgate Supports you should be able to rebuild this area If needed. If you Google K5 Blazer Tailgate and go to images, there are a couple of people with pics showing them working on repairing this area.

robd

That's what I thought when looking at the catalog. Thanks for the confirmation. looking at the area I will definitely need to rebuild it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks