• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate Parts

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I work in a fab shop. Im all about making my own stuff...when its worth it.

Big dollar...hard to find...if I can make it , I will.

But that shim aint worth it. It was about $6 shipped. Its aluminum and CARC'd so no worries about galvanic corrosion.
Id probably spend $20 or more chasing down just the material. AND they had all the correct ALUMINUM bracketry for the tail gate and other stuff I needed for my X doors. Time AND money saved.
Not just price... I hate wasting time waiting for parts to ship. I have 1, 2, and 3 mm thick plastic I would have used just to get my rig done. I also have various shims that can be repurposed. I hate wasting time. But that is just me.

Still, that part is about .001 cents worth if metal and it costs 6 clams. Six bucks seems small but it is 20% more than a rotisserie chicken at Costco. These rigs will nickel and dime you to death.

Ultimately you seem happy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks