• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Taj" 2016 GA Rally / NC Tour

RAYZER

This year I've decided to head up to Bryson City NC 28713 and spend a week with a friend before stopping in at the GA Rally on my return trip home to Central Fl, Round trip about 1,200 miles.
And of course pulling the "Taj" with the deuce tractor!

Traveling with me is my fiancee "Nancita", and my pooch "Rosco".
My plans are to leave on the 8th of October and spend two nights on the road on the way to our destination in NC, Our first night will be spent at poppops LZ near Statesboro Ga, night two we're looking to spend up around the halfway point between Statesboro Ga and Bryson City NC. Maybe up around interstate 85 or before.
Please wish us mechanical good luck and safty!

Route from Statesboro Ga to Bryson City NC is as follows but subject to change :

Take Brooklet-Denmark Rd and Rushing Rd to US-80 W
2. Continue to Burke County
3. Follow GA-80 N, GA-17 N and GA-17 Alt/Thomson Bypass to US-78 W in McDuffie County
4. Follow US-78 W to Centerville Rd in Wilkes County
5. Continue on Centerville Rd. Take GA-22 E and GA-98 N to US-441 N in Jackson County
6. Follow US-441 N to Georgia Rd in Franklin. Taj.jpguploadfromtaptalk1475453316382.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Safe and enjoyable trip Ray! With your attention to detail, sure all will go well! If ya ever make it this far North, you and yours are welcome to circle the wagon here!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good on the trip Ray. Your destination is only 65 miles and 30 mountains from me. Enjoy your trip Sir. By the way, the truck looks like its already here in the pics. My driveway is about that steep.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Tell Lloyd and Dee I said hey! At least your head gaskets won't blow, we know those were done right. ;)

RAYZER

Thanks for the support guys, this will be an interesting and challenging trip!
I'll post pics along the way!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a fun trip Ray!

Is it me, or is the picture sideways? :(
That's Rayzer "RocketMan" on the launch pad, coming to an orbit near you soon!

Have a good trip Ray. I'll be camping on Fontana lake near Bryson City after the Rally on the way home.

RAYZER

Well folks, figured we would get out of town while the gettins good!
Left out of sanford this afternoon where 85mph wind is expected tonight and I'm only 20 miles from the coast.
Spending the night in the cracker barrel parking lot in Lake City.
Will update on new route soon.

Last edited:

RAYZER

My revised route.

I-75 to Macon I-16 I-16 east to first exit, about one mile. US 129 north. US 129 north to Eatonton. US 129 runs with US 441 To Madison. You cross I-20 just before Madison, about one mile or less past I-20 take the US 441 by-pass (right turn) so you don't drive thru Madison. There's a similar bypass around Athens. Follow US 441 to Franklin. Once you get to Franklin.

RAYZER

Any MV drivers in Madison Ga?
I'm at the super Walmart on 441, might hold up here for the night!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making good time Ray. 441 passes through Commerce GA. There is a Coleman Outlet store there. They were having a parking lot sale last year after the rally. Lots of cool camping goodies. If you have time to waste, Dillsboro is close by and they have a scenic railroad. It passes the area and wreck of the train crash from The Fugitive.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excuse me Sir. First and foremost, glad you're safe and sound. Second, where are the pictures????? Some of us have a hard time with the small calligraphy and copious amount of pixels cures that! LOL Stay safe and rubber side down, shiny side don't steer worth a darn!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks