• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Take apart Deuce Light switch?

Flatlander

My Deuce light selector switch isn't working too well...I took the screw out of the back, but don't want to break anything...anyone know how to get the switch apart without destroying anything? I'll probably buy another one anyway, but I love to take things apart and see how they work....

Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After removing the screw, you need to press the back into the housing just a little bit, to remove the retaining ring.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the older types were tack welded, but you would be able to tell by looking at it. I used a dremel to cut the welds on one of mine. Alot of times the contacts in side them just need a good cleaning.
The newer ones are as Doghead described. It takes some good force to split them. The switches are quite neat on the inside. I used an ohm meter to map out the contacts on my M37's as I had no plug to connect to the back of it. I then made a plug so my lights would work.

chrismanby

HI
See in the M151 section, there is a photo of one that came appart all by itself !!
There are quite a few different types of closures, some with locking ring, some have only the "0" ring, and some have been sealed with silicone also.
I am working on these light switches also, there seems to be different types of circuit breakers also.
Chris.

Flatlander

Okay, finally got it apart...used some adjustable pliers to pull it apart. Seems the plastic cam was forced inside (probably from not using the unlock lever)

Anyone know if there are replacement plastic parts and contacts available? The switch seems to be in good shape except for one little part...

Thanks for everybody's help!

chrismanby

Hi
The one I had explode looked like this when the smoke cleared and I got the last parts out.
Seems there had been too much juice on the lights (H4 inserts) Not that the amps were too much, but the breaking current may have been too much for the contacts and therefore led to to a "melt down" on the contct surfaces and thereafter melted insulation on the leads.
The contact surfaces on the breaker swith look OK.

Chris.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks