• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Take one m35a2 and call me in the morning

army_nurse

Well after having one of the most trying days I have had I a long time, I just walked out and sat In my m35a2. Something about that familiar smell, the memories, and starting right up on the first try just seemed to make the day better. Somewhere in the back of my head a little thought said" the tank is full you could go for a trip." as tempting as it was I just let it idle for a minute listening to the turbo then shut it down. Having been a critical care nurse for almost 6 years now I am thankful for the stress relief my truck offers. So the next time you have one of those days my professional medical advice is to Take one m35a2 ( or your mv of choice) and see how well it works.

****not responsable for busted knuckles, broken noses, or large ammounts of lost time due to above so called medical advice

May God bless America

badgmc56

I also at times just sit in my truck . There is something about these trucks that draws you to them. I have many toys but my military trucks are the ones that I would not part with!

Coal Cracker

Huh, thought I was the only one who climbed up, and just sat there.

I do love driving my deuce, at her pace, it shure slows the world down a bit.

I have many other vehicles, trucks, antique cars, but my deuce is one I would not part with.

My father lost his fight with brain cancer Oct. 8th. I drove my deuce to the funeral home and parked it right out front, much to the horror of my uptight relatives. I did this not only because he drove them in the service, but because he was a real "in your face kinda guy" The family always viewed him as a hoodlum biker, James Dean sort. I inherited his blacksheep persona and all the benefits that go with it.
I have been estranged from the family for some time now, so there was a certain comfort sitting in my truck in my suit and tie, thinking about him and his life, watching my family shake their collective head at me. I thought he would appreciate the gesture. One last "in your face" for him.

Coal Cracker

My father lost his fight with brain cancer Oct. 8th. I drove my deuce to the funeral home and parked it right out front, much to the horror of my uptight relatives. I did this not only because he drove them in the service, but because he was a real "in your face kinda guy" The family always viewed him as a hoodlum biker, James Dean sort. I inherited his blacksheep persona and all the benefits that go with it.
I have been estranged from the family for some time now, so there was a certain comfort sitting in my truck in my suit and tie, thinking about him and his life, watching my family shake their collective head at me. I thought he would appreciate the gesture. One last "in your face" for him.

Sorry bout your dad,
I lost mine in 05 to Pancreatic Cancer, My dad would have appreciated that gesture too, If I would had my Deuce then I would have done the same thing.

Scarecrow1

I'm Like everyone else it seems or you guys are a lot like like me lol . I don't have a MV yet , but if I'm pissed or stressed and have a full tank in my SUV . Its me the road , Cat Stevens and I'll be ok soon. Ok and a couple of Vicodin never hurt either :twisted:

BugEyeBear

I've been known to grab a "cold one" & just sit in one of my project cars/trucks & VEG after a rough day at work...

Sometimes I've even been caught making "motor noises" & pretending to drive... :driver:
...and this was in a car sitting on jackstands w/o any wheels or motor installed!! :cookoo:

Hobbies like this might be seen by some people as being a "waste of money"...
But it is a whole lot cheaper than the vices that others employ to relieve their stress!
And it is WAY Cheaper than paying a Head Shrinker!! :shock:

Last edited:

wiggall

One of our retired Correctional Officers passed away last Spring I took THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST down to the MEMORIAL SERVECE at the V.F.W. for him put the flages on her. He had served in the ARMY in Vietnam. Several people asked " WHY DID YOU BRING THAT DOWN!" I replied " I HONOR OF JOE'S SERVICE TO HIS COUNTRY!" His son, and daughter thanked me for bring the truck down! They had a photo album witha photo of Joe in the back of a GUN TRUCK in Vietnam!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It is far, far better to have a deuce (or MV of your choice) and not need it, that to need it and not have it.
They are therapy for the soul.
I am having some issues now and my therapy is to go to a rally and immerse my self in MV's.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Approaching the truck it reminds me of a silent sentinel of a past era. Grabbing the door handle, a turn of the wrist the door comes ajar and I swing it wide open. Reaching down under the running board I close the air tank drain valve. After removing the steering wheel chain, I carefully hoist myself into the driver's seat grabbing on to the steering wheel. The cab is warm from sun's natural heat and the smell of canvas fills my senses. The beast is at rest. I take in the the industrial smells and the soon-to-be-gone silence.

With a shake of gearshift and depressing of the clutch pedal, I flip the battery switch to on. The silence is broken by an attention-getting buzz. I take in the sound as I watch gauges come alive. The starter switch beckons. I heed its instruction: START. The beast lurches slightly and its heart begins to beat. The sound is almost deafening. You can hear every moving part working together powerplant giving lie to the old warrior. I feel like Tim the Tool Man and I give out a little primeval grunt. Who needs a CD player or Ipod....

Music, Sweet Music... -Doc Hudson (Pixar/Disney Cars)

It's the simple things in life.

gunboy1656

With the day I had yesterday, I will be going out to enjoy my truck to cool down.

Heck if it was not 19 degrees out I would throw my cot out in the bed and sleep there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks