• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tale of two Deuces

Rhino 5/4

Not sure if link works but our bonding last night worked out. A little foreplay and she purs nicely. Guess someone twisted off the radiator drain "valve" (trying to keep it pg)and she pees as fast as she drinks. Going to parts yard to see about a radiator along with some other parts tomorrow. Wasn't all hugs and kisses though. Forgot we robbed the throttle return spring and first crank up was a little scary, shredded both generator belts and didn't see pump not spinning. Poked a hole in a fin putting on a belt and added to the water fountain. But....she runs and move.

ToddJK

Not sure if link works but our bonding last night worked out. A little foreplay and she purs nicely. Guess someone twisted off the radiator drain "valve" (trying to keep it pg)and she pees as fast as she drinks. Going to parts yard to see about a radiator along with some other parts tomorrow. Wasn't all hugs and kisses though. Forgot we robbed the throttle return spring and first crank up was a little scary, shredded both generator belts and didn't see pump not spinning. Poked a hole in a fin putting on a belt and added to the water fountain. But....she runs and move.

The links worked. Glad to see it running! That's one step closer to being completed!!

ToddJK

Nice score today!

It’s like you found the green iron Walmart!
Sometimes just cruising around and checking out what's in the area can pay off. I was cruising around some old stomping grounds and took a detour due to road construction. I found a deuce in the front yard that doesn't look like it has moved in a long time with tons of tires and parts in the back. I was thinking of stopping by and see if the owner is interested in selling anything. Could be a diamond in the ruff and not even know it 🤷

Rhino 5/4

Sometimes just cruising around and checking out what's in the area can pay off. I was cruising around some old stomping grounds and took a detour due to road construction. I found a deuce in the front yard that doesn't look like it has moved in a long time with tons of tires and parts in the back. I was thinking of stopping by and see if the owner is interested in selling anything. Could be a diamond in the ruff and not even know it 🤷
Yes for sure. Spare parts are always a good thing.

Rhino 5/4

Happy Father's day to everyone. So we worked on the 109 today and got rid of the board and bucket me and my grandsons have been riding on and installed the spring seat and bench we procured yesterday. I must say that foam and bouncy is a little easier on the arse than a 2x10 with splinters and nails
But some girls like it rough and sometimes we just have to sacrifice hehehe. Looks like she spent a little time in Germany. Found this coin in a corner when I was cleaning out the rat and coon crap. 20220619_165422.jpg20220619_152747.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Pickin the boys up tomorrow so between dips in the swimming trough to cool off, hoping to get radiator swapped and brakes blead on the M35. Assembled my milspec power bleeder today to assist in the process.
View attachment 871181
Good Deal @Rhino 5/4 ! The little guys should have another great adventure! That really is cool that you guys get to have that fun.
Hey, bleeders "ain't pretty" but the one that I built years ago works really well! Nothing like being able to do it as a one man job too...

Picture below is very similar to the Wagner we had at RH Bouligny. The split in the middle was where the rubber bladder separated the brake fluid from the air. I was really impressed when I used a bleeder for the first time!

Brake Bleeder.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man youve got the 2 best helpers one could ask for ! I can just tell that those 2 are giving 110 percent and you can pay them with ice cream !!! Good job grampa !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks