• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tall and narrow tires

So far I've come up with 315/75/16 & 235/85/16 & 255/85/16 as being the tall and thin choices. Which is the tallest and thinnest? Is there even taller and thinner that would fit? I also have access to 16.5 rims.

OL AG '89

I must of missed the question?
Why are you looking for tall and thin tires, and to go on what?

EDIT>>>>

You already posted this in another.
Why are you reposting the SAME question????

EDIT >>>>>

My point was you already had another post with the exact same questions?
see below....
Why start another?
If you ask a question and then ask it again in another post it makes it difficult for others to do a reliable search while looking for an answer......

05-25-2011, 15:47
post #1 (permalink)

corelokt
Colonel
corelokt's Profile Fields

Dead Horse Issue: Tires
I did a search, but never found a good answer. I am likely getting an M1008 and am wondering what tire size will fit stock and give the best fuel mileage? I'm looking for a tall and narrow size for

Last edited:

91W350

I have 255/85/16s on my 91 W 350 and they work great in our country. It is a heavier truck though than my M1008. The M1008 is on 235s now, but I plan to step up to the 285s when the time comes. It is too low geared anyway.

Tire Search Results

superburban

The first number is the width of the tire (in millimeters),

The second number is the aspect ratio. It means a percent of the width

Then to get the total tire height, you add this number x 2 (in millimeters) to the rim size (in inches).

Here's the formula I made to calculate metric tire sizes to inch sizes:
(2WA/2540)+R
W=width
A=aspect ratio
R=rim size

Here's an example: I have 315 75 16 on my F350.
W=315
A=75
R=16

So

(2 x 315 x 75) / 2540) + 16 = 34.6 inches tall!

There you go!

91W350

So...

255s are

510x85=43350/2540=17.066 + wheel 16=33.066 tall.

Maybe I should look at some 315/75s next time. Thanks! Glen

AJMBLAZER

If you want to get aggressive there are some options in the narrow 35-36" tall world. Swampers and the like. However they're less road friendly, more expensive, and heavy.

Sadly we can't get the 9.00R16 Michelin X series here in the States. Those would be perfect for the M1008's.

AJMBLAZER

I'm around.

Got that NV4500 in I think you said? How's that going?

Petoskey eh? Used to live in Traverse City. Don't miss the snow at all. Do slightly miss the moderate temps.

slickm1008

i have it about 90% done, it just needs the hydro clutch system filled and blead off etc... i'm a lil nervous cause somebody was messing with something or something may have fell into the shift tower cause as soon as we got ready to fill the hydro clutch it wont shift into or out of a gear freely...

but I just got a turbo for it too... lol so it's still not on the road :(

SOOO sry to hyjack the post tho

slickm1008

haha... i hesitate to mention it here, but it has carpet, sound killer mats, new dash, cruise, new inner door skins, chrome 90's grill & bumpers and soon to have red/blk paint... in short a truck that'll be a JOY and easy to drive... even on the express way!

lol, if i get the 3.73 gear set it may even hit my goal of 20 mpg city.

OK OK, last time i'll hack the post, honest!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks