• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tampa Rally Official Multimedia Thread

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the first two vids you can really hear the multi-fuel at work. SO CRANK UP THOSE SPEAKERS! :D

The truck behind us at the time had SixSpeed and friends (sorry, didn't catch their names) riding in the bed (they got just as soaked as I did when the rain came down) and Cessnatwin was riding shotgun taking pictures.

File sizes (in order) are 23 megs, 40 megs, 18 megs, and 16 megs.

http://www.atc-m.us/Florida_SS_June_2010/Water_hole_01_23megs.mpg

http://www.atc-m.us/Florida_SS_June_2010/Water_hole_02_40megs.mpg

http://www.atc-m.us/Florida_SS_June_2010/Water_hole_03_18megs.mpg

http://www.atc-m.us/Florida_SS_June_2010/Water_hole_04_16megs.mpg

Ruppster

SixSpeed

Banned
More! In the last picture, that water pouring from the Deuce's bed wasn't from deep fording, it was from RAIN. It absolutely POURED Saturday afternoon. The truck I was riding in at the time had several inches on water in the bed.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The joy of a stuck pinz is that they are so easy to extract. Heck you can even pull them free with bobbed 5 ton.

vinny-socom1

Here are a couple of pic's from my daughters(Alexis) camera, more will come once I can find my camera?

Had a great time Thanks to all that came and went trail riding!!!

Vinny

Attachments

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More! In the last picture, that water pouring from the Deuce's bed wasn't from deep fording, it was from RAIN. It absolutely POURED Saturday afternoon. The truck I was riding in at the time had several inches on water in the bed.
And that was from the first rain as that set of pictures was taken between storms. I think twice as much came down on the second downpour. :D

Ruppster

phil2968

From what I understand the deuce and a half that I rode in the back of was owned by the brother of PCTrans. Don't know if he is a member of SS or not. Anyhow, he had his little girl riding shotgun. This kid is a real trooper. She seemed to be having as much fun as us big kids. Didn't even raise a fuss (at least not until she saw a spider :D ). While going through one of the water holes I tried to get a picture of the water being pushed aside by the tires. When I looked through the pictures this morning I found I caught more in the picture then I realized. I think this one was the best shot of the day. I cropped the original image to give a better view of what was caught in the mirror.

Ruppster
You wre riding in rbeasley66' deuce, he is my brother. I had the M109 in camp.
The little girl riding shotgun was his granddaughter!

Sixpeed and crew practicing tire changing!

Attachments

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for clearing that up, Phil. Teach me to assume he looked young enough for that to be his kid. :D She was still a trooper.

Anyhow, a big thanks goes out to him for letting me ride in the back. I hope I didn't mess up the videos he asked me to take with his camera. In one of the water crossing videos he asked for I had to duck half way thru due to a branch that tried to take my head off. :)

I had a lot of fun and it was great to meet more SS members. Can't wait till the next one next spring.

Ruppster

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, that RF tire change reminds me of the GA Rally. Looks like you folks had some fun. I would have been miserable with all the heat. I guess that is an underlying factor in me only going to the Feb and Oct rallies in FL and GA.

phil2968

trucks that attended

5 ton bobber and M109 trailer, Vinny.
Pinz, Stalker.
M35 and M105 trailer, rbeasley66.
M109, phil2968
M35, Pinz25086
M35, RAYZER
M35, televisionman007
5 ton with big azz tires, cessnatwin
M35a2c, pctrans
5 ton bobber, pctrans
20 ton tractor w\deuce bed, floridianson
M35, tow4
M35, ChevyC60
M35, James

Total trucks
8 M35s
3 5 tons
1 20 ton
1 M109
1 M105
1 M109 trailer
1 Pinz

That's what I can remember and from looking back at the pics. If I left anyone out sorry.
I think we had a great turnout and a great place to have a get together.
The trails are just across the road!
Really looking forward to the next one!
Thanks to Vinny and Sixspeed for putting this together!

Anyone want to take a shot at the names of all SS members that came by?

Last edited:

phil2968

Kenny, it was really hot and humid but the inside of my M109 was always about 70 degrees! I parked it in the shade and the AC kept it really nice! Ask sixspeed how cool the inside of his bmw was! That's where he slept! The oppresive heat was the best reason to go hit the trails!

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 ton bobber and M109 trailer, Vinny.
Pinz, Stalker.
M35 and M105 trailer, rbeasley66.
M109, phil2968
M35, Wayne (can't remember his screen name)
M35, rayzer
M35, televisionman007
5 ton with big azz tires, cessnatwin
M35a2c, pctrans
5 ton bobber, pctrans
10 ton tractor w\deuce bed, floridianson
M35, tow4
M35, Couple from dixie county (don't remember his screen name)
M35, James

Total trucks
8 M35s
3 5 tons
1 10 ton
1 M109
1 M105
1 M109 trailer

That's what I can remember and from looking back at the pics. If I left anyone out sorry.
I think we had a great turnout and a great place to have a get together.
The trails are just across the road!
Really looking forward to the next one!
Thanks to Vinny and Sixspeed for putting this together!

Anyone want to take a shot at the names of all SS members that came by?
Had a god time and good to meet the ones I did not know and see the one I did.
TWENTY TON just saying.[thumbzup]

vinny-socom1

Thanks James for the photos, Alexis was wondering where the photo of her touching the gator was!!

Once again my Family and I had a great time!!! it was really hot but the trail riding was awesome!!! I think we were gone 6hrs the one day!!!

Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks