• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tank from Walking Dead

Augdog1964

M1a1

I saw that episode... LOVE the series... it was supposedly an M1A1 or 2, and it was most likely a mockup done with a Chieftain or a Centurion... I have heard that so far all efforts to get the military to use an M1 series have been rejected... but this may just be internet rumor...

Taurus454

I thought the interior scene, where he crawled in and shot the zombie, was done in a stage set. Too much interior space to be a real M1.

Tom

Augdog1964

Yep

That's what I had heard... Chieftain with exterior panels to look like an M1a1 or 2...

The interior shots, as anyone who owns a tank can tell you, are definitely soundstage... there is no room in tanks to shoot, and no room that large for one, let alone two men to sit on the floor of the basket...

Augdog1964

I Agree!

Had hopes for Falling Skies, but now its turning into baby showers and touchy introspection scenes.... fight the monsters! At least there are some good weapons being carried around.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that episode... LOVE the series... it was supposedly an M1A1 or 2, and it was most likely a mockup done with a Chieftain or a Centurion... I have heard that so far all efforts to get the military to use an M1 series have been rejected... but this may just be internet rumor...
Not true, I have seen a couple movies with actual M1 Abrams tanks in them, but you are right in the fact that there aren't many of them. The US military is happy to loan out real equipment for movies, but if the movies put them in a bad light, they won't. Since most of the movies about war or the military coming out of Hollywood have a liberal slant to it, and make our guys look bad, you can bet most of the movies will have doctored up Chieftains looking like Abramses. Or FV432s APCs from Britain doctored up to look like M2 Bradleys.