• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tank turret from St. Louis to Central KS

twlinks

Ok, I bought this in Dec. and the carrier made it to his home in St. Louis before getting his van impounded for back child support. My tank turret is setting in his garage now in St. Louis and I need to get it to Central KS. He is right off I70. If anyone East of St. Louis is headed to Glen's in Salina, KS or anywhere near there anytime in the near future and would like to pick up a $100 in gas money, please let me know. Is boxed up and the box is 3'x4'x2' and weighs about 40#. Appreciate any help I can get on this.

tankbubble1.jpg

Flyingvan911

You are in luck. This Wednesday I will be driving back From Danville, IL to Kansas City, MO. Quite short of Salina but moving in the right direction. I can see if anyone in KC is heading out that way.

twlinks

Will it fit in the back seat of a rental car if unboxed? I will be headed from KC to Burrton KS next Wednesday Jan 30
I don't think it would have...it is approx. 3'x4'x2' but I appreciate the offer. MWMULES is going to bring it with him to Glen's in Salina sometime next week and I'm going to go up and meet him there.

What is bringing you to Burrton, KS if I may ask?

Speedwoble

What is bringing you to Burrton, KS if I may ask?
I am going to try to swing by Glen's as well if my schedule works out. If the rental place gives me a Hatchback, I may still be able to help out.
I have a conference in Kansas city, then I am staying a few extra days to visit family around Newton and in Dodge city.

twlinks

I am going to try to swing by Glen's as well if my schedule works out. If the rental place gives me a Hatchback, I may still be able to help out.
I have a conference in Kansas city, then I am staying a few extra days to visit family around Newton and in Dodge city.
Thanks again Speedwoble...another member is bringing it with him to Glen's on Monday and I will meet him up there. Certainly appreciate your to help though.

twlinks

A BIG thank you to Flyingvan911 and MWMULES for their help last week and today. Flyingvan911 picked it up in St. Louis and took it to K.C. and MWMULES brought it from KC to Salina this morning where I met him at Glen's. It was great to meet you this morning Dave and Glen. Glen even took me over to his place so I could meet his two beautiful white German Shepherd's...awesome dogs and Glen was fun to visit with also. Thanks again everyone for your help. I'll post pics in a few months when I get going on the turret project.

twlinks

that was sure a cool turret, you are lucky I didnt just hijack it and pout it atop my ELMO truck,,,,,just kidding

Haha. I hear ya...thanks. I was just stumbling around on the Saturn Surplus site one day and there they were. I think he still has one or two left. I plan to fab up another framework top for my M1009 and mount an adjustable seat under it so my grandson can sit up there during parades. The rest of the top will have louvered sides with gun slots...all done in flat black. At least that is the plan and sketches I have so far. It will be a Spring/Summer project. Right now, I'm eyeing the weather for this weekend and thinking maybe it is going to be nice enough and calm enough to paint the '09.

Last edited: