• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tanks from the past

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Some of the Armor being ammased at Fort Benning, Georgia:

Attachments

Stan Leschert

Aside from the toys in the CAMO compound, you manage to get touch stuff that the rest of us only get to see in photos and history books.... I am so going to have to come down and loose the cap off a BIG bottle of Crown Royal, while you give me the grand tour!

Large font for PB!

gmayor

tanks

My father passed away about 18 months ago. Looking through old photo albums. He was a WWII Army vet in the tank corps. He was at Saipan in one of the four M3 tanks. He has some great photos from there and also some in training at Schofield before going. If I can I will scan them in to share. Even has a picture of motorcycles and a GPW.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here's some pics on their way to war. My father-in-law had these scanned from old slides, they're from Fleetwood, PA.
Wow! Great shots, thanks for posting.

Danger Ranger

Very cool! Papabear, do you have the models, respectively? I am not smart enough to know what each is...thanks.

The closest my history goes was that my grandpa was part of an anti-tank group (i have to go look it up again).

dittle

Thanks for posting those up PB, great to see the old iron preserved for future generations to see. One thing I had to chuckle at is how they're chocking the tracks. On flat ground I doubt those machines would move even with a strong wind blowing against them. Hurricane force winds might do it though :p

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some pics on their way to war. My father-in-law had these scanned from old slides, they're from Fleetwood, PA.
These are awesome, not every day you get a chance to see original COLOR pictures from the war years that very few have ever seen....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool! Papabear, do you have the models, respectively? I am not smart enough to know what each is...thanks.

The closest my history goes was that my grandpa was part of an anti-tank group (i have to go look it up again).
Picture 8 is a German WWII King Tiger (AKA Royal Tiger or Tiger II)
Picture 10 is a German WWII Panther

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting in the third photo that the tank had the invasion circle/star, and the other vehicles had the pre-invasion star. A mixup like that could get a guy killed. Hopefully, they upgraded the markings before they got to the front.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Aside from the toys in the CAMO compound, you manage to get touch stuff that the rest of us only get to see in photos and history books.... I am so going to have to come down and loose the cap off a BIG bottle of Crown Royal, while you give me the grand tour!

Large font for PB!
We are waiting on you Sir!!:beer:
Also, I've worked with Canadian Soldiers before and speak the language...:grin::grin::roll:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Them tankers from Fort Knox have brought so much armor here that GA has sunk 2 feet below sea level!!!....Here's some more stuff:

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Papabear, can you label these? For the dumb ones such as myself of course...
specifically the 1st, 3rd, 4th, adn 5th of the first set (post #16) Thanks.[thumbzup];-)
:not worthy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks