• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tanks vs phonebooks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the guy that owned ALL THAT died not to long ago. at the 99 mvpa convention thay had 4 hour tours, 4 hours bearly gets you though the shop, let along to see the restored stuff, THEN there is the UNRESTORED stuff, i would say from what i saw on the tour, it would take a good WEEK to see everything. i guess you couold do it in 2 days just walking and looking, laying hands on and talking , climbing in and on, under,, would be a week. you have no idea of the rush you feel when you first lay eyes on , all you can do is saw WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Last edited:

B3.3T

Jacques Littlefield passed away just last January, not in 99. He was an awesome gentleman and a true credit to our hobby. Its a good example of what a Billionaire can do.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"the guy that owned ALL THAT died not to long ago" i know, it could be confusing as i ran TWO thoughts into one , sorry about that
i was talking about the 99 mvpa convention and the littlefields tour in 99

PorscheTech911

That collection has been on TV before. I think the History Channel did a good walk through of the place. The reason I became a heavy diesel mechanic was to work on that kinda stuff. It's a shame Littlefield past away, he was a inspiration and goes to show not all rich folks are hard to relate to. I would love to see his collection in person. Thanks for posting this video, I must have missed this episode.

tractor

I have been to the collection twice. They just lost the restoration building to the family and are still in the 4 other buildings plus have the barn full that has less then 2 inches between each vehicle. The family is half way supporting the museum but are half way kicking the museum away.

Garandfan

That guy Jacques was on Tank Overhaul a couple of times...Had over 200 tanks....Priceless collection. (sigh) There's another sad story like Jaques.. A museum owner in Hubbard, Ohio passed away and a guy from Florida bought the collection for 5 million...Was worth way more than that. Friends from Ohio Ordinance put their Garand collection together-one rifle for evey month of WWII... They did alot of work with Camp Perry to get matching lot numbers and correct parts, or they fabricated the correct parts...(SIGH)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks