• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tarp for deuce

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's a deuce trap?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Is that what they're going for? Most of the ones I've seen are $700+ for vinyl three color.
Truth be told, I haven't been paying attention to what they go for recently. I put hemtt bows on my deuce and use LMTV covers. They are taller than a deuce cover and cheaper too.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truth be told, I haven't been paying attention to what they go for recently. I put hemtt bows on my deuce and use LMTV covers. They are taller than a deuce cover and cheaper too.

Would you mind posting a couple of pictures of this setup? Taller tarp would be good for my back!

ATPTac

cobra5

Now you've got me wanting to do that... I'm 6'5, so getting in and out of the bed with the bows and cover on usually ends up with me hitting my head at least twice every time :whistle:.
Not trying to high jack the thread but I have to ask how do manage driving your deuce? I'm 6'3 and I have a **** of a time getting to the clutch.

ATPTac

Honestly the biggest issue I have is the steering wheel. No real problems with the clutch, I do feel like I'm more pushing straight down on it versus pushing it in at an angle. If I'm out driving it in traffic for a while my leg gets a little shaky because of the weird angle and having to hold it for extended periods of time.

Where is your issue with it? Dash clearance? Because I'm definitely close to the dash, sometimes I'll rub it with my knee.

ATPTac

I also am 6'3 and my knee hits the window handle! And if I move to miss it, then I hit the steering wheel!!
Now I will say that my knee is constantly resting on the window crank when not manipulating the clutch. To be honest, I've never really paid attention to what's going on when I'm using the clutch... I'll pay attention next time I'm out driving it and report back in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks