• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tatra 813 new owner

tatra813

Id go with mortar but still insure if I will actually end up getting the dozer blade. \\

Got any leads to private forums?

The Tatra dealers seam to be over priced for something like this.

What is AMW?

Thanks for the advice so far!

John C

There was a guy up there that had english manuals, he used to have a website I think it was extreme trucks or something, Ive seen him talking on the yahoo tatra club site also. He also had parts etc try to find him. Ive got all the manuals and workshop manuals but they are all on paper and very thick books.

Was it Malcolm Douglas? He's in the U.K. and used to participate in the Europa Truck Trials I believe? I also believe he used to run the Tatra U.K. truck dealership which is now no longer going :| I'm currently trying to track him down.

John C

James always took about 2 weeks to reply to his mails.

At this point im seriously considering taking one of the companies I contacted up on their 100-150 euro offers for manuals. No where else to get them.

Which firms have these for sale? I'm still desperate to obtain them so don't mind paying them for a set.

Thanks John C

tatra813

Was it Malcolm Douglas? He's in the U.K. and used to participate in the Europa Truck Trials I believe? I also believe he used to run the Tatra U.K. truck dealership which is now no longer going :| I'm currently trying to track him down.

Yes it was Malcom, he also has english manuals. Try att-truck and equipment. They sell forklifts but he can get you a set of english manuals.

John C

Ok, thanks lads. :wink:

I'll try both firms to see exactly what they have to offer - I'm also still going to try and hunt down Malcolm as he's done the truck trial thing and must have quite a lot of knowledge on these trucks and their upgrades, he may also have some good contacts for parts etc.

'Tatra813' Thanks for the info, I just didn't know the name of the firm in Alaska that had the manuals but now I've found their web site, cheers.

Regards John C

duncan

Mortar Investments just quoted me 1000,- for a new (bare) 7-seater cab. Dont know if that's including taxes, shipment, stuff like that, but either way it beats rebuilding the cab myself. Still awaiting a reply from ATH Tatra, would prefer doing business with a proper dealer ofcourse, but depends on the price obviously.

If shipping costs get too high I will probably drive to prague myself to pick up the cab, its not too far (about 2000km return trip).

In lighter news... :wink: Did some emergency-welding on my current cab, the passenger door now works and actually closes, welded in some tubing to support the hinges. Also bent some panels to replace some of the severly rusted (read: partially gone) parts, will get them into place over the course of next week.

No pictures for now sadly, camera died.

tatra813

Duncan

I just sent another e-mail to Mortar but they never end up emailing back, Did you speak to them in English? May be there is a language barrier?

If you talk to them would you please remind them of the guy in the USA who wants the bulldozer attatchment? They quoted me a price once and I said ok lets do it, where do you want the money sent and they never got back to me and after lots of emails back to them they still dont email back.

I would gratefully appreciate any help.

Good luck on the cab, youll have to let me know how it goes, Im thinking of pulling on of the cabs off of my tatras to do some work.

Good luck and have a good one.

Dean

duncan

Yeah I figured since their site is in english I'd just mail in english, seems to work so far. Unless shipping costs are really low I'm thinking of driving over there though. Wouldnt have to worry about paying ahead etc, also Prague is a great city to spend a few days :-D That way I might also be able to get you some info on the dozer.

Will definately keep you lot up to date here!

John C

Mortar Investments just quoted me 1000,- for a new (bare) 7-seater cab. Dont know if that's including taxes, shipment, stuff like that
Wow! A new cab for 1000 Euros? That sounds good, do they come with doors or anything else fitted? Do they have the smaller two door cabs available to? Personally I would prefer this type as it gives you lots more load area on the rear of the vehicle.

Also does anyone know anything about the Podvalnik trailers that are used behind the Tatra 813's? They come in different models such as the P-32, P-50 etc which I presume also refers to the weight they are rated for? What sort of width are they? Anyone know of any websites that have specifications on them? Can't seem to find much about them on Google etc

Thanks John C.

duncan

So, on the cabs, recieved pics from ATH Tatra.... brilliant stuff. From what I can make out, even the fire extuingisher next to the driver's seat is there.

Also they seem to have cabs-a-plenty. And here I was wondering how I was ever going to fix the rusted bodywork, thinking getting new ones was impossible.

Waiting for final price and transport costs and all.

Last edited:

duncan

Wow! A new cab for 1000 Euros? That sounds good, do they come with doors or anything else fitted? Do they have the smaller two door cabs available to? Personally I would prefer this type as it gives you lots more load area on the rear of the vehicle.
Still waiting for more answers from MortarInvestments (they offered the cheap cab). As you can see the one from ATH is fully equipped, even with details like the sound damping blanket, flashing alarm lights, search light, etc.

First thing they wanted to know is wheter I wanted 2 or 4 door cab, so I assume they also have a stockpile of two-seaters.

tatra813

Yea, let me know how the cab goes. I think disconnecting all the ctis stuff is the worst. plus the power steering tank etc.

have a good one.

Dean
I just realized Ive actually purchased a bunch of stuff from ath in the past there is a lady there that speaks english.

duncan

As far as I could see, I dont have to remove the ctis/powersteer/etc. Looks like the panel that houses all those items is not part of the cab. You can see on one of the pics that you look right into the cab from the bottom. No clue how thats supposed to work, but will see!

John C

Those cabs from ATH look fantastic, are they NOS? also good to hear two door cabs are available, do you know if a two door cab will just go straight on instead of a four door?

Re. the trailer thing; I found the British army used tank transporter trailers a while ago that looked just like the proper one for the Tatra, I don't know who made them yet but I'm told there are still quite a few around, so I think I'm going to lookout for one to go behind the 813 :-D

Regards John C.

tatra813

As far as I could see, I dont have to remove the ctis/powersteer/etc. Looks like the panel that houses all those items is not part of the cab. You can see on one of the pics that you look right into the cab from the bottom. No clue how thats supposed to work, but will see!

Wow I think you are right, that should make it a real easy swap. What did ath quote you for a price. I may have to buy one for a spare if the price is right. They are also looking into a blade for me. Mortar finaly got back to me yesterday and said to contact them back in a month and they may have one available.

Let me know how it goes.

Dean

duncan

They quoted 2200,- euro (about $3000) ex taxes (19%) for the 4-door cab. That includes a repaint since the old paint is faded a bit due to the cabs being 30 yrs old. From that I'm guessing theyre NOS cabs.

About replacing a 4 door with a 2 door, I dont know. I'm guessing it works, but the rear of your engine will be completely exposed, since it's longer than a 2 door cab.
I don't know if the original 2-door cabs had some cover for the engine extending from the back, or maybe a different engine configuration or something, because having half of your engine exposed like that doesnt sound too great to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks