• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tatra road trip to naval base

duncan

One of my best friends arrived home from a 4 month mission fighting somali pirates, and he needed a pickup from the naval base. So, prepped the truck and made it into an awesome day.

Some friends tagged along since there is plenty of space in the crew cab. Stopped on the way home for lunch, and found out its kind of hard to parallel park. For fun most of the driving was done on back roads. The pictures should speak for themselves.

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Duncan,
I WAS going to say 'I HATE YOU' because I've always wanted a Tatra. Then I noticed WHERE you live. So, good job D. You certainly made OWNING a Tatra a great story.

YOURS IS A SWEET RIDE FOR SURE.

Love the color. Great pix. Thanx for sharing. If you EVER move here and want to sell it HERE in the USA, I'd be interested. Probably can not afford it. But they are a sweet truck for sure.

armytruck63

Your friend probably had a stressful time off the Somali coast. It looks like he had fun on the trip home from the naval base. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

maynard83

I noticed everyone was wearing headsets. Are they necessary because of the noise level?
The Tatra is awesome, even more so with that "Taxi"Yellow paint job.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the yellow submarine to see the big ships, huh? ;) The Beatles would be proud!

Great pics! I like the yellow paint job, no really!

duncan

I noticed everyone was wearing headsets. Are they necessary because of the noise level?
The Tatra is awesome, even more so with that "Taxi"Yellow paint job.
Yeah, with the massive v12 sitting in the middle of the cab, the noise when driving over 30mph gets quite loud. The headphones are a full duplex intercom and connected to a car stereo for music and a CB for communication.

Thanks for all the kind comments!:driver:

bobkerry

excellent pictures and really nice to see them...i must say this was the best experience for you and you have gained alot of things to learn...
thanks for sharing with us

Sevin7

I'm more jealous of being able to drive on the pier. It's a long walk from the far end of the pier, in the middle of
January, in the freezing rain, having a CVN on each side to channel the wind, with a seabag on your back, all the
way out to the back of the enlisted parking lot. Parking on the pier would be much nicer. Lucky for me we have
Force Protection and stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks