• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TCM Diagnostic Code Retrieval M1165

bigfishtoys

my M1165 won't shift up, or display codes when jumper wire used on the TCM...

Tried to do a 4L80-E TCM Diagnostic Code Retrieval (using a jumper wire) on my M1165. Another person with the same issue gave me that TM info, followed it exactly, but it's not working for my M1165 like it worked for his M1123. Different procedure?
Under drivers side rear seat, tried to jump A & E to get it to display codes and get it to reset to see if it will shift up, but the glow plug start light isn't blinking like it should after disconnecting the glow plug lead under the hood, and the trans light isn't blinking with code 12 either. It seems stuck in the low gear, rpms go up, but it won't shift up. Starts good. Runs good. Just won't shift into the higher gear. Max is 30mph with high RPMs. What am I doing wrong to get it to diagnose showing the codes? Here's a great video i watched as well, and followed it exactly step by step with same no results, no blinking lights...
Then this is a video of my results doing those exact steps...

Action

What color is the sticker on your PCB? A green kds does not use the GPC or TSU and will start like normal i have never looked for the wait light when i check for codes.
Try a paperclip instead of a wire. Make is springy, so it will hold itself in the holes better. And dont put the clip or wire in the wrong hole. One is always hot.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your TCM is either burned up or much more likely not getting power. The transmission is functioning in “limp mode” which means no computer control. Carefully go over battery connections and the wiring behind the batteries and the red button.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks