• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TCN shipping tag on my deuce

guns1977

I've found a shipping tag from camp victory Kuwait on my deuce, I was told I could get the date code out of the TCN number on it, but the Julian date code is not making sense to me can anyone else shed some light on it. The TCN is WTCQAA$0D00670XX

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Nope. That is a Transportation Control Number (TCN) and IIRC from TCAIMS, the D00670 is the SUN number. Without access to that system, it is meaningless and even with access, it is just assigned to that specific truck for that specific movement.

What you did find on this TCN (if you didn't know it before) is the actual bumper number of your truck. The admin bumper # was 7 and it was owned by the 135th MP Co out of Ft Lee VA. At least this proves your truck served in the middle east.

What you need for the code out date is a DTID (Defense Turn in Document) Number. Based on the TCN, it should read something like WTCQAA########. The first 4 #### are the julian date. First digit is the last digit of the year. For 2012 it is 2. The next 3 #'s are for the day of the year based on the 365(or 366) days of the year. So December 31 2012 is 2366. You can google julian date calendar and find it very easy for reference.

The Last 4 #'s are the specific record number for the turn-in (also called the record serial number. So the first transaction for the specific julian date would be 0001. The second transaction 0002, etc. However, units designate certain 'groupings' of numbers for specific actions. So property would get a certain set, like all numbers starting from 8000 to 8999. All medical requisitions would get 6000-6999. All repair parts 9000-9999 and so on. This 'grouping' differs from command to command.

Hope that helps.

guns1977

Nope. That is a Transportation Control Number (TCN) and IIRC from TCAIMS, the D00670 is the SUN number. Without access to that system, it is meaningless and even with access, it is just assigned to that specific truck for that specific movement.

What you did find on this TCN (if you didn't know it before) is the actual bumper number of your truck. The admin bumper # was 7 and it was owned by the 135th MP Co out of Ft Lee VA. At least this proves your truck served in the middle east.

What you need for the code out date is a DTID (Defense Turn in Document) Number. Based on the TCN, it should read something like WTCQAA########. The first 4 #### are the julian date. First digit is the last digit of the year. For 2012 it is 2. The next 3 #'s are for the day of the year based on the 365(or 366) days of the year. So December 31 2012 is 2366. You can google julian date calendar and find it very easy for reference.

The Last 4 #'s are the specific record number for the turn-in (also called the record serial number. So the first transaction for the specific julian date would be 0001. The second transaction 0002, etc. However, units designate certain 'groupings' of numbers for specific actions. So property would get a certain set, like all numbers starting from 8000 to 8999. All medical requisitions would get 6000-6999. All repair parts 9000-9999 and so on. This 'grouping' differs from command to command.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, I wish I could find out when it came back to see about when it served, I think alot of my first deuce but after finding this I really think alot of it......

mikeblac

To the best of my knowledge Camp Victory in Kuwait closed in early 2006. I spent 30 months in the area, and the Victory I am familiar with was in the complex surrounding the Baghdad airport. Not much help - but with the way equipment was shipped back and forth - you never know. VBC in Iraq was handed over to the Iraqi's sometime in 2011 - I think.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OK, I'll let you have access into the most topest secretest system access in the world to get the info you need.

Go to your web browser and type in G O O G L E

Then when you get into that website, type in 135th MP Chagrin Falls, OH.

Once there, you have numerous choices and opportunities to potentially get in touch with the unit. I'd contact the unit and be prepared to send them pictures so you can prove that you do have the truck and not some whack job---then again, what kind of person buys a deuce? A whack job. Seriously though, the right person at the unit who be glad you saved it for history sake. Make that clear to them that you saved it for history and you want as much information from the driver of the truck as possilbe.

If that fails, send a letter addressed Commander, 135th MP Company and get the address off that top secret website I gave before. If that doesn't work after 2 months (keep in mind, the Commander only probably comes in 1 weekend a month) then pm me with what actions you've taken and all information you've gotten. I can see if the powers of CARNAC can cut through the red tape.

pad_cdr

OK, I'll let you have access into the most topest secretest system access in the world to get the info you need.

Go to your web browser and type in G O O G L E

The things you learn on this site. I had no idea that typing g o o g l e , with spaces between each letter would work, but it does. Not sure why you would want to include all the spaces, but to each his own.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The things you learn on this site. I had no idea that typing g o o g l e , with spaces between each letter would work, but it does. Not sure why you would want to include all the spaces, but to each his own.
But see, that is the topest secretest website.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks