• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"TD" Engine Block - Response from Hercules

houdel

I've been corresponding with a fellow Deuce owner on the MV Net regarding the "TD" engine blocks. He wrote Hercules about this issue, following is his email to me with the response from Hercules:

"Morning Lee,

I went and wrote to Hercules Engine Parts company formerly Hercules engines. I emailed them in regards to the "TD" and thicker deck and here is what they stated:

"Phil,

Yes you are correct, the engine was used in the 5-ton truck. The designation TD was a design change made to strengthen the deck surface, this kept the head studs from pulling out, this area was also known to crack, but only in a limited amount of cases. The design change came into effect when the engine was used in commercial applications." Mark Crabtree at Hercules Engines

Thought it was interesting. I have not yet looked at my engine but I have a spare engine that is marked TD but is a turbo unit where my current engine is not.

Thought that this might be of interest to you.

Talk to you later !

Phill"

Photo below courtesy of Recovery4x4 from an earlier posting.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both my tractor and the old cargo that WCJIV has were both non turbo originally and both have TD blocks. Both are also now turbocharged.