• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tech flex tubing

Grega

I was looking at Jimc's thread on the Mep 003 teardown and noticed that he installed tech flex tubing over the old wiring harness. I thought it looked nice and so I wondering if anyone else has done this and the how hard it is to install. And how you finish the ends and branch wiring coming the main harness. I was thinking of doing this to my meps and my m274 mule. Thanks for any response

1800 Diesel

I don't know what brand it is but I've used the plastic flex tubing in varying diameters from H Dep on several MEP2s & MEP3s. It is split along its length & was very easy to install. Makes for a nice finished appearance. At the terminal ends I use electrical tape to keep it in place. Rotate the tubing so the seam is facing downward. For branch runs I used smaller diameter sizes & cut it tight against the main bundle. I then taped over this "merge area" with elec tape....

Kevin

Grega

Thanks for the response. I thought about using plastic tubing but on reading about the tech flex, when you heat it, it shrinks somewhat around the wires, making somewhat a waterproof seal.