• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Teletype Shelter Cables Needed GRC-142B

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for two cables inside the shelter. They would be on the roadside originally connected to the TT-76 teletype and then to the switch box in the center cab end. They are CX-10507/G and CX-10512/G.

Thanks

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still looking for cables W-1 and W-6, and the fule heater for the teletype shelter.

thanks

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I got lucky and stumbled on my fuel-burning heater on eBay a few years ago. I needed to fabricate an exhaust pipe and the fuel line, but I found the compatible fuel line quick-disconnect fitting to match the one on the exterior of the shelter at McMaster-Carr. I might have needed to replace a missing power connector, and I think I found a matching one at Mouser Electronics.

I didn't have the proper fuel can adapter at the time, so I fabricated one out of brass and various fittings. Total over-kill! :) Pictures attached below.

My heater's spark plug developed a crack in the porcelain and couldn't ignite any more. I ordered a rod of machinable ceramic from McMaster-Carr and turned a new insulator on my lathe. The metal parts of the spark plug could be removed and re-used. I haven't gotten around to installing the home-made spark plug and testing it yet. Hmm, I don't seem to have pictures of it handy on my computer right now.

I don't think that I have spares of the cables that you need. I'm still looking for at least one cable, too.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the heater I need, my shelter has all the connections still present, just need the heater. Thanks for the pictures. Pm'd on the tty's.