• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tell me what to do (M52A2)

Hkx3

Guys, due to a change in scenario 'round here, I think Im going to sell my truck. I thought Id have the time to swap the thing over to a troop transport, but alas even with a gentleman willing to trade me parts, Im not going to be able to get it done. Do you guys know the best way to go about selling this would be? Ebay? Here? Scrap it? (yikes)

Ill tell you right now I wont scrap it. Cant stand to see that done.

For background, its a running (excellent!) driving, power steering, 5 ton 6x6. Everything, and I mean everything, works. Every bulb, lamp, signal, heater, defroster, wiper, switch and knob does what its supposed to. ALl tires are nice, and hold air like a champ. Starts in an instant. Multifuel. All air works, top is good. Also have a M105 trailer.

It has an active Kentucky title, and is currently liscensed and insured. I drive it about 3-4 times a week around here.

Whats this thing going to bring? Has about 200 hours on it. Thanks for your help!
hkx3

Attachments

Elwenil

You could always donate it to the soon to be founded "Elwenil's House of Military Coolness". It could be my first exhibit! It's real easy, you just bring it to me and I'll take it from there, lol.

Seriously, it's a nice truck. I'd post the usual classified ad with all the details here at SS and let that run for a week or two and if all else fails, put it up on Ebay. There seems to be a lot of interest in tractors lately so you shouldn't have a whole lot of trouble selling it.

Capt.Marion

You could give it to me. Or, for a real answer (although I was kinda serious) post it in the classifieds here. If no takers, Ebay Motors.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I paid 4k for mine from GL but prices have dropped since then. A lot of 800 series 5 tons are hitting the market.
I took mine on a 600 mile round trip to pick up my command van trailer and other than it being slow it ran fairly good.
I talked to an old guy at a service station that was a mechanic while in the Army.....he said they were great trucks but slow. He also said the fuel pump has two settings and that you can set it up for highway or cross country....got to check up on that.

acetomatoco

Sometimes old timers have trouble with the military experience due to drugs and alcohol and alzheimers. More than likely he remembers the two speed transfer case.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks