• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tell me your issues

rlwm211

I am still having problems with the page draws when I open a thread. In this I am saying the coimment window where you type goes off the right side of the screen and is not visible, and the sliders to more the screen in my browser do not extend as far as the text goes.
This also occurs if I used advanced and the typing window is fine but the preview is off the screen.
I run IE8 and keep things pretty current and do not run a lot of add on stuff.
Any ideas of what could be the problem. I make no claim that it is not my software....

RL

mangus580

RL, I have already talked about this issue. It has to do with the smiles that load in the editor window. I am not sure what changed to allow random smiles in the editor, but something did. Maybe i just need to remove the wide smiles....

Billy Bobbed

When typing and your going off the end,hit the enter key it will bring the little white line back to the beginning of the page
under the first word you made to start a new line.Just in case someone didnt know.;)

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Originally Posted by Wrench Wench
:ditto: Is the previous image viewer still available to be plugged back in?
Not really, seems that viewer setup was not updated to the new version. I am still looking for it, but have not been successful as of yet.

Just an observation about the image viewer. I just was looking at a classified ad and it seems that the old image viewer is still in the classified section. Any way to pull it from that version of the software and migrate it into this newer version and/or roll back this one?

I'm not familiar with this software at all, but why would the update not affect the classified section?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed that too, just forgot to mention it!:ditto:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems like the site makes DH looks like Elvis???:cookoo:

I don't really see where that's a bad thing PB...I've seen him in person. Looking like Elvis would be an improvement...LOL

Sorry Eric, you're still my favorite mod.:mrgreen:

mangus580

Not to be too much of a jerk - but dont you guys think that if I could have kept the old image viewer I would have? ;-)

right now, this image viewer is better than none!!! I will see what I can do, but dont get your hopes up.....

namedpipes

Since *I'm* newish here I don't know if these qualify as new problems...

I'm running IE8 on Win7.

1 - Images sometimes show is javaish popup and sometimes in _target (same window, no popup).

2 - Site is generally slow loading a page - most of the page will display, then a delay and suddenly the posts paint in.

3 - 'new posts' seems to show threads with posts that are recent, not threads with posts I haven't read. This is different from other vBulletin based systems I've used. I give up on understanding how the system determines new posts. Threads I'm interested in I just bookmark and look at the last page. This is my biggest annoyance... (this also affects 'user cp', showing "my threads". I have to show all threads to there to see threads I have posts in, then guess if it is longer than it was yesterday...

Last edited:

blybrook

Marking Forums Read

I've only seen problems with the image viewer which is already being looked into and the ability to mark forums read when utilizing Firefox 3.6.8 (untested on IE).

When I click on mark forums read, I get the following message:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

I have been logging out and logging back in for the time being to complete this task.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Bill

Last edited:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just noticed this issue. I don't know if it has been brought up or not. I think we may have lost a LOT of valuable information in our forums. I was scrolling through the Deuce forum looking for my "personal sticky's" when I happened to see, about 5 pages in that there were several posts that had a last post date of 1/**/1970. And the last poster was "0". Many of them show that there were replies to the thread, but the thread is empty.

I took a screen shot of one of the pages and made a PDF of it so you can view it and enlarge it to a readable size...since the size limitations of the uploaded images prevent this. I hope this is not an irreversible situation.

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just noticed this issue. I don't know if it has been brought up or not. I think we may have lost a LOT of valuable information in our forums. I was scrolling through the Deuce forum looking for my "personal sticky's" when I happened to see, about 5 pages in that there were several posts that had a last post date of 1/**/1970. And the last poster was "0". Many of them show that there were replies to the thread, but the thread is empty.

I took a screen shot of one of the pages and made a PDF of it so you can view it and enlarge it to a readable size...since the size limitations of the uploaded images prevent this. I hope this is not an irreversible situation.
I believe this issue has been around a long time. What I remember is the links for the thread were broken when SS went from the old site to the new site. It would be nice to fix it yes, I hate cliff-hangers when reading.aua

frdmdfndr2

I don't know if it is because I just joined and have to get jumped in or something, but, I can't view pictures. When I click the link within a thread, I get the GTH screen saying that I don't have sufficient access or privledges. I tried to register last week and never got a confirmation email, so I re-reg'd today with a separate email. I'll try again tomorrow for the pics and give it some time.

R/
Chief out.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The site has been screwing up with me all day on two different computers. Even when I can get a page to open, it's super slow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks