• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

telling the difference

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, If I understand the OP right he's talking about the engine (not the turbo).

If you are in fact talking about the engine, if the data plate isn't there I don't know how you tell for sure. Most of the "C" engines I've seen have a different flame heater than the "D" but that's not always the case. I have seen some "C" engines with the newer flame heater. I'd say if you have the older style flame heater it's a pretty safe bet it's a "C" though.

On a side note, was there an "A" and "B" engine? All I've ever seen is "C" and "D".

Last edited:

Fuzydog

My Engine does not have a flame heater, is has the ether assist. I read the data tag on the engine and there is nothing jumping out as to whether or not it is the C or D model.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of your engine data plate? We might see something you don't.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ah, I thought he meant turbo.

Here is a data tag. You can see on the bottom where it says 1C or 1D. If the tag is unreadable, C engines have the older style head gaskets, but there is nothing to say they didn't swap the head gaskets at some time (i.e. D gaskets on a C engine).

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks