• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

telling the difference

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto, If I understand the OP right he's talking about the engine (not the turbo).

If you are in fact talking about the engine, if the data plate isn't there I don't know how you tell for sure. Most of the "C" engines I've seen have a different flame heater than the "D" but that's not always the case. I have seen some "C" engines with the newer flame heater. I'd say if you have the older style flame heater it's a pretty safe bet it's a "C" though.

On a side note, was there an "A" and "B" engine? All I've ever seen is "C" and "D".

Last edited:

Fuzydog

My Engine does not have a flame heater, is has the ether assist. I read the data tag on the engine and there is nothing jumping out as to whether or not it is the C or D model.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a picture of your engine data plate? We might see something you don't.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ah, I thought he meant turbo.

Here is a data tag. You can see on the bottom where it says 1C or 1D. If the tag is unreadable, C engines have the older style head gaskets, but there is nothing to say they didn't swap the head gaskets at some time (i.e. D gaskets on a C engine).

Attachments