• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp/fan data plate replacement..knobs

Thumper580

Want to replace the data plate for the temp/defroster/fan. Before I start yanking on things, how do the knobs come off the push/pull shafts? Did a search, but came up empty. Thanks

springer1981

Want to replace the data plate for the temp/defroster/fan. Before I start yanking on things, how do the knobs come off the push/pull shafts? Did a search, but came up empty. Thanks
I am replacing mine also but haven't done it yet. As I understand the process, the knobs do not come off. You have to disconnect the other end of the cable and pull it through the engine bay, firewall, dash and data plate. Then replace the plate and put the cables back in place. Some day when I feel ambitious I'm going to replace mine.

Thumper580

I am replacing mine also but haven't done it yet. As I understand the process, the knobs do not come off. You have to disconnect the other end of the cable and pull it through the engine bay, firewall, dash and data plate. Then replace the plate and put the cables back in place. Some day when I feel ambitious I'm going to replace mine.
Oh boy, that's not what I wanted to hear, but at least I know now. Thanks.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
springer1981 is correct., it would not help if the knobs came off, the nuts are on the backside of the panel and must slide all the way off the cables, something to for sure remember when putting them back in, as the cable is put through the panel slip the washers and nuts on them before passing them through the firewall.