• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp gauge sending unit questions

Pstyckiewicz

So I noticed that my temp gauge did appear to be working on my M1152A1. I tested the gauge by unplugging the wire at sending unit and grounding it to the engine. This made the gauge go all the way up and the over heat led to come on. That led me to believe that the gauge was good and the sending unit was bad. Changed it out yesterday (sucked),and still no movement from gauge. I let it run for 10-15 minutes and no movement. These are my questions. Did my redneck gauge test not really mean anything?, Did I not let it run long enough to get warm? And also during install I used Teflon tape on threads (affect continuity?)?
Part number 6015561…..for gauge with over heat LED

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can take an ohm meter and confirm you have continuity between the sending unit body and the engine block.
Personally I only use Teflon tape on domestic water pipe, everything else gets thread sealer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks