• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temp. sending unit location ???

Elohim1

My temp gauge is not working , I guess i will start by replacing the sending unit.

Where is this located and where can one be found??

Thanks

Chris

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's located on the engine side near the t-stat housing. Check the wire/connector before replacing it, they are pretty rugged. Should be readily available.

jeepthrills

before you go replacing parts, you should really decide if your problem is the sender, the wiring or the gauge. It is easy as long as you have an OHM meter or a standard multi-tester. check resistance of the sender with a cold engine and with a warm engine( at least 15 mins of normal driving). If you have a definate differential in resistance, check the wiring. The values you got at the sender should the same as the ones @ the wiring which goes into the gauge +/- 5%. More that that and you may want to consider changing out the wires in the harness.
My suggestion is you yank the dash and measure the resistance across the wires (master switch on engine cold)
then measure resistance at sender
Go for a drive and get it nice and warm, then re check @ both places. If values are equal (warm and cold with a differential) then replace the gauge. If not equal its either the sender or the wiring.
just my [2cents]
Good luck!!

ironhorsethegeneral

The fastest way to check to see if guage works is to disconnect the wire at the sender and ground it on the engine block somewhere. Turn master on if needle swings right the guage is good if no movement guage or wire is bad. Good Luck!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks