• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Temperature Sending unit

Backdraft

I need a temperature sending unit for a 1097A2. Does anyone know if the CUCV Units will also work? If not, where is the best place to get one or 2? I see that the units for the M35A2 and M35A3 are the same. Thank you for the help!

Capt.Marion

If you check the parts manual (TM9-2320-280-24P-1), you'll find the coolant temperature sending unit is item 11 in figure 66. That will tell you the correct part number and NSN so you can check around at the various military parts suppliers to find it. KASCAR, Erik's Military and Industrial Surplus, Eastern Surplus, Memphis Equipment, Oshkosh Equipment, CSI, Inc, all carry it.

You can also check the CUCV parts manual and see if it is the same sensor, although it's probably not since the majority of the electrical system (outside of the starting system and radio power) on those is 12V while everything is 24V on the HMMWV.

All of the manuals are available for download here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?95-Technical-Manuals.

-Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks