• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tennessee dealer that will work on military tires

BeerCan

Looking if anyone know of a tire dealer in TN that will work on split rim (not split ring) tires in TN

I have wheels with the runflat donut that I need new tires for and no one I have contacted will touch them.

I want the donut removed so I don't have to deal with them in the future. I'm pretty sure I won't run into any small arms fire :)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Looking if anyone know of a tire dealer in TN that will work on split rim (not split ring) tires in TN

I have wheels with the runflat donut that I need new tires for and no one I have contacted will touch them.

I want the donut removed so I don't have to deal with them in the future. I'm pretty sure I won't run into any small arms fire :)
Take the wheel apart. Put it against a tree and push the runflat out with the forks of a tractor.

No shop I know of Is going to fight to get the runflat out cause it can damage the bead

Last edited:

BeerCan

Take the wheel apart. Put it against a tree and push the runflat out with the forks of a tractor.

No shop I know of Is going to fight to get the runflat out cause it can damage the bead
I have a fantastic proclivity to bugger things up so I thought I would check here first :)

BeerCan

Or use a ratchet strap and compress the donut and pull out out... (I've not done it, but the housemate who is ex-army said it worked for her.)
Yeah, but the problem for me is getting the tire off the rim first. Apparently it is a huge pain from reports of others who have tried. I have not dug into it yet.

If I can get the tire off, I can just cut it if I have to and get the donut out. They are not going back in :)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
235 85 r16

good video

I should have been clearer, I need to get the tire off the wheel and apparently the runflat makes it hard to break the bead.
Tires with runflats come apart much easier cause the runfalt is lubricated so the beads and the tires don't rust like ones with just beadlocks in it.

It's probably got a beadlock insert and not a runflat

Valor

I had a tire 14:00 X 20 that I could not break down. It had a tube in it. What I did was deflate the tire, take the valve core out and flip the rim around so the mount part was inside and bolt it up to one of the front hubs then drive it around turning in a circle so that that tire was on the outside of the circle until it broke the bead. Let the truck do the work. Does that make sense? I flipped the rim around so it was opposite of how it should be mounted on the front hub.1Tire.jpgTire.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks