• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tennessee Members, sign in.

uscgaviator

First post: Nice!

Where'd you find the rig?

And how about a pic (please)?!
I found it in the panhandle of Florida. Price was right, but it is going to need some engine work. When I saw it had a street title, I figured it would be a good base for a build. I’m not a diesel guy, so I need to find someone who knows these engines, or it is time to start learning. :LOL:FFC231F5-7AAE-4D5A-AA0B-44FA59E29082.jpeg

8madjack

Thought Id post here, just bought a place about midway between Memphis and Nashville, pretty close to savannah.

Ill be moving stuff from California on a relaxed schedule, my 5 ton will be about the last thing I move as it's my fire truck.

I'll need to put newer tires on it and get some spares before the treck when the time comes.

Another Ahab

Ill be moving stuff from California on a relaxed schedule, my 5 ton will be about the last thing I move as it's my fire truck.
Is it the fires that are one reason for the move?

And I'm going to forgive you because you're out living in California, but Savannah is not much anywhere NEAR either Memphis or Nashville.

But maybe I'm missing something here. People in California think different. I get that!

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter

And I'm going to forgive you because you're out living in California, but Savannah is not much anywhere NEAR either Memphis or Nashville.

But maybe I'm missing something here. People in California think different. I get that!
IMG_2504.jpg
Not “near” but close to in between?

8madjack

Not the fires, though I do hate that. Mostly commie politics

I said midway :-D

I'm not really a Californian per se, came out in the air force.... originally from NJ

uscgaviator

Not the fires, though I do hate that. Mostly commie politics

I said midway :-D

I'm not really a Californian per se, came out in the air force.... originally from NJ
I did THREE round trips from Oregon to move my stuff here. It was cheaper for me to buy a 24’ trailer, make all the runs, than to rent a uHaul. They wanted $11.5k for a one-way trip on a 26’ truck!!! Now I’m just going to sell the trailer and call it even.

Retired from the USCG, wife was born on the Oregon Coast, so I moved out there in 2012. It was time to get, while the gettin’ was good. Too many Commies, too many fires, too many junkies, too much crime, and not enough freedom.

8madjack

I did THREE round trips from Oregon to move my stuff here. It was cheaper for me to buy a 24’ trailer, make all the runs, than to rent a uHaul. They wanted $11.5k for a one-way trip on a 26’ truck!!! Now I’m just going to sell the trailer and call it even.

Retired from the USCG, wife was born on the Oregon Coast, so I moved out there in 2012. It was time to get, while the gettin’ was good. Too many Commies, too many fires, too many junkies, too much crime, and not enough freedom.

I have an use of my friends enclosed gooseneck trailer, will also get an equipment trailer, prettymuch following the same plan, buy, use, sell when done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks