• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tent Lights - Hookup?

DD58

Does anyone know how these lights are supposed to be connected to power? Do I need some kind of an adapter?

View attachment 905470
There is a power distribution box. It’s either a 3 or a 4 pin connector. Here’s a link to eBay of one.

There part of a larger power distribution network I.e. breaker box, genset. I’ve looked into a bunch of the stuff just gets really costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koeppel

There is a power distribution box. It’s either a 3 or a 4 pin connector. Here’s a link to eBay of one.

There part of a larger power distribution network I.e. breaker box, genset. I’ve looked into a bunch of the stuff just gets really costly.

OK, I think I have one of those on a pallet that I need to go through. I'll see if they connect up to that. The lights have three pins, but the connector isn't the type that would plug into a standard 120VAC outlet.

DD58

OK, I think I have one of those on a pallet that I need to go through. I'll see if they connect up to that. The lights have three pins, but the connector isn't the type that would plug into a standard 120VAC outlet.
If I were you I would either order another connector that fits the power in side of the box and wire it to a three prog plug. Or you could open the box up take the inlet side power plug out. Put it a water tight grommet and just have an extension cord wired directly to it. Thats iff your comfortable with electricity. If not don’t do it have a licensed electrician do it for you.

Things like that are really fun to mess with. I’d love to get my hands on a few tent lights for my back deck and a wire up some of those connectors!!!

Koeppel

If I were you I would either order another connector that fits the power in side of the box and wire it to a three prog plug. Or you could open the box up take the inlet side power plug out. Put it a water tight grommet and just have an extension cord wired directly to it. Thats iff your comfortable with electricity. If not don’t do it have a licensed electrician do it for you.

Things like that are really fun to mess with. I’d love to get my hands on a few tent lights for my back deck and a wire up some of those connectors!!!

Here's where I got mine: https://military-tent.com/orlipoli.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks