• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terex/Load King M322 LT air brake diagram

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks for all the info. I just acquired one of these, will be re-doing it. I am looking for spare rims/tires.
Tires should be easy. Rims. I dunno. Any 22.5 would work if u wanted to dual it. I bet a 20" would work with a 395 or something to keep it low and still handle weight with the single

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

AMGeneral

The manual states the OEM for the wheels was/is Accuride wheels.

It would be a simple matter of getting the correct hub piloted wheel with the proper backspacing and offset,plus the correct lug pattern and size.

After measuring the wheels on my M322 trailer,I believe the proper wheel is as follows:

Accuride part # 29805 22.5 x 12.25

10 hole on 285.75 mm bolt circle
220 mm bore diameter
5 hand holes
0.63 offset

Last edited:

grendel

Any one know who makes the jacks? Mine is missing the jack handle. I also have to completely re-wire and re-plumb it. Still better than buying a new trailer.

AMGeneral

Any one know who makes the jacks? Mine is missing the jack handle. I also have to completely re-wire and re-plumb it. Still better than buying a new trailer.
Mine has JOST mfg corp jacks,I believe they are model # A400 with the drop foot option,I still need to confirm this with Terex/Load King soon.

The rear ramp assist springs are designed to slip over a 2 inch diameter shaft and are 3/4 inch diameter material.

BTW,for anyone missing the steel covers either over the lifting rings on the deck or the rear toolbox the dimensions are as follows:

Front deck lifting ring covers, 12 inch X 16 inch, 1/4 inch thickness checker plate with 2 each 2 inch x 2 inch angle,2 inches long.

Rear toolbox lid, 35 3/4 inches x 21 1/2 inches x 1/8 inch stock thickness,I used 1/4 inch plate for mine,NOTE it has a 3 inch bend at the lower edge for the lock loop.

Rear toolbox lid angle iron, 3 inch x 3 inch x 1/4 inch thickness ,35 3/4 inches long.

Last edited:

grendel

Does anyone have a pic of their jacks? I am not sure if they had a gear box or just a handle.

I am tired of using my wrecker to load/unload just the trailer.

trailer.jpg

You can see that someone walked off with whatever was using to crank the landing legs.

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Does anyone have a pic of their jacks? I am not sure if they had a gear box or just a handle.

I am tired of using my wrecker to load/unload just the trailer.

View attachment 637921

You can see that someone walked off with whatever was using to crank the landing legs.
Go to your local heavy truck/trailer parts house,it's pretty much an off the shelf part,there are 2 different lengths though.

I got mine from Fleetpride for about $20.

grendel

Go to your local heavy truck/trailer parts house,it's pretty much an off the shelf part,there are 2 different lengths though.

I got mine from Fleetpride for about $20.
Does yours have a gear box or a crank/handle?

Mine is missing whatever the M322 came with... my buddies has a gear box.IMG_5617.jpg

grendel

Mine has the JOST jack with the internal gearbox.

Yep, so does mine. I have a new gear drive coming and a handle. Will be nice to get the trailer off my wrecker without using the wrecker to lift it.

Also bought the trailer light plug and need to get glad hands for the brakes/air supply...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Mine has the JOST jack but I think they are both from the same side. I had a piece of stainless steel pipe connecting em and one goes up and one goes down. Just got done making my ramps for it the other day. I cut up 4 M931 spare tire systems with the 3/8" 3"x3" angle iron. They are 7' long. and heavy. No springs yet. They aren't bad to walk up.

AMGeneral

One of the ramps got bent already by a forklift going off and hit it's weight on it. I drove the 923 over the ramp a few times and it would not bend back out.
That is one thing I have noted with these trailers,I actually believe the factory ramps are HEAVIER than the stock ramps that came with the M172A1 lowboy trailers.

Mine does not have the assist springs as of yet(still on order) and I cannot lift the ramps to vertical without the assistance of either the backhoe or wrecker.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That is one thing I have noted with these trailers,I actually believe the factory ramps are HEAVIER than the stock ramps that came with the M172A1 lowboy trailers.

Mine does not have the assist springs as of yet(still on order) and I cannot lift the ramps to vertical without the assistance of either the backhoe or wrecker.
You dont use a hand crank and a pole?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Adding brake information here.

30-30 Air brake chambers - Long Stroke units. You will have to swap your double clevis' or get new ones.
Shoes are 16.5 x 7" shoes NAPA number is 046U83-6N this comes with the hardware kit.
Auto Slack Adjusters 5.5" arm. 28 spline are AS1140 or SC01101 Napa/Midland number is MBI CS56040. Meritor RS801073
Brake Hardware kit Napa BHK051
Inner Hub Seal # on seal is a 307-0743
Inner Hub bearing HM218248
outer hub bearing HM212049

Lug nut size is a 33mm.
Cheapest tires I have found have been at a Gateway for around $370 each for Wanli 160k 385/65/22.5s

You can see even with a good bit of meat on the shoe what the new ones have for material.

good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MfaDypEAEM

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks