• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminated GSA Auction

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It worked just fine for me.

I was watching that auction and wondering if they were breaching the DeMil requirements for HumVees.
Looks like they were.

Oh well.... at least someone didn't "win" it only to have it yanked back after much invested in restoring it.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup its too dangerous to release to the American public. They need to give that to some at the moment friendly country, but first a full rebuild. That way we can see it on the news being used against us.auaauaauaaua

3dAngus

Interesting it says titles are issued for a business name only and:

"TITLE WILL STATE, "NOT TO BE TITLED FOR HIGHWAY USE", MUST BE TOWED"

papaydsailor

i saw and took a picture of a 2 man crew seabees olive drab humvee and a running 4 man hard top that have been returned back by the sheriff dept after painting it with the sheriff dept color and found out that they could not afford the high maintenence cost at DLA disposition at NAS jacksonville . talk to the civ manager there and she said that it will be put in their web for auction with a bunch of M35 and navy zodiac inflatables next month if DRMO doesnt take it for govt reuse program. if anybody is interested better contact them before those big company that sells it to the mining and foreign military gets it. im doing my reservist training here and will post the pics when i get back home.
heres the pic of zodiac that they have already in the GL
http://www.govliquidation.com/aucimg/photos/38039/small_thumb/38038116_sm_thumb.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

i saw and took a picture of a 2 man crew seabees olive drab humvee and a running 4 man hard top that have been returned back by the sheriff dept after painting it with the sheriff dept color and found out that they could not afford the high maintenence cost at DLA disposition at NAS jacksonville . talk to the civ manager there and she said that it will be put in their web for auction with a bunch of M35 and navy zodiac inflatables next month if DRMO doesnt take it for govt reuse program. if anybody is interested better contact them before those big company that sells it to the mining and foreign military gets it. im doing my reservist training here and will post the pics when i get back home.
heres the pic of zodiac that they have already in the GL
http://www.govliquidation.com/aucimg/photos/38039/small_thumb/38038116_sm_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking the manager there doesn't know what she's talking about. GL will not get it. If they do by some fluke, it too will get pulled before the auction is over.

bullfrog1234

Every once in a blue moon a group of frames will show up on GL, only to be cut before leaving the yard. What's up with that? We the public can build them in the plants, I believe we can weld them back together with little trouble, so why cut them when we will do just that.