• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

test running a 6.2

68impalass

Hi everyone, I just received a couple of 6.2's in cans and I'd like to test run them. My question is can I plug the oil cooler fittings or should I run a hose between them before firing them up? Any other suggestions would be great!! thanks very much!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You wlll need to modify the the support in the can that holds up the back of the engine to get the starter on.

mangus580

you can plug the fittings too. I have seen some of the 6.2's without coolers in civvy applications. For the short time you will be running it, it wont matter at all.

stump

Where the engine mounts to the bracket the bell housing bolts the round pieces of pipe need to be longer to move the engine away from the bracket. also conect a radiator to the engine and make sure you have a drive belt on the water pump. Just starting them they may sound great but with no water you cant tell if you have a cracked head. I found out the hard way.